An opinionated lightweight web framework built for scale, featuring integrated
RESTful server-side and
client-side caching. Suitable for frontend user interfaces, backend APIs, and full-stack combos.
language per need. Balance performance and productivity.
Prudence is distributed as a Go library, as well as a single, compact, customizable executable file with
no external dependencies.
And it’s fun! Through rigorous benchmarks conducted in our good-times laboratory we found Prudence to be
a zillion times more fun than competing products from leading brand names.
- Structure your code as a routable hierarchy of apps, resources, facets, and representations.
- Maximize efficiency via a triple-phase representation process allowing for composable, fine-grained,
associative control over server-side and client-side caching.
- Rich, embedded support for content negotiation according to format, language, and compression algorithms.
code scriptlets. And there’s sugar.
- Pluggable server-side cache backends, such as the included Kubernetes-aware distributed memory cache.
Or choose backends for Memcached, Redis, etc.
Or create a tiered cache combining several backends.
- Schedule jobs using a crontab-like pattern.
- Extensible via the xprudence tool, which allows you
to create custom builds of Prudence bundled with the plugins and APIs you need. Even when extended in
this way Prudence still remains a single, compact executable file.